We've been working since Wednesday and the kids are still liking it. We're working through some kinks, though. Jade is ready to go swimming after the 1st. hour and asks me when we're leaving about every 10min. T doesn't like it when I go in the infant room, because he can't come in there. It's sectioned off by a knee wall with a glass door that he likes to sit in front of with a big pouty lip watching me to see if I'm watching him. But, for the most part they're getting the hang of things.
Today was a Primary Activity. The kids had a really good time. They got to color on some paper and attach it with a pass-along card to a balloon. They heard missionary experiences from people who had served in Argentina, Puerto Rico, South Africa, and Holland. Then they got to have a relay race and eat Popsicles outside where they let the balloons go. We got back home around lunch. I let the kids stay home with Rob to go swimming while I went to work from 2 until 7.
After work I met them at Pappasito's for Aunt Jefra's graduation dinner. She graduated today from UT with a Bachelor's Degree in Science- (Child Development). We're really happy for her. The kids picked out her presents. Jade got her a picture frame and T got her a really big green candle with frogs on it. Jade also had to pick out the bag - it said "Wedding" all over it. T got tired before dinner was over and Uncle Ryan volunteered to hold him. T fell asleep right away and then peed on his Uncle Ryan. Poor Uncle Ryan, he always gets peed on. Last month he watched the kids for us and they were running around the pool. Jade jumped up in his lap and when she got up he noticed a wet spot. He asked her if she had peed on him and she said, "Yeah, I'm sorry" and then ran off to play. Like saying I'm sorry makes it all go away. It's so weired b/c the kids are potty trained. Jade never has accidents, and T will wake me up at 4am. crying to go potty but still won't wet the bed AND he doesn't wake up for that; his eyes are shut the whole time!! Weird huh? I guess they just love Uncle Ryan so much it makes them so relaxed they lose all muscle control, or maybe they're marking their territory? I don't know, but I'm glad it wasn't me.
3 comments:
HaHaHaHaHaHa!!! That's so funny, I laughed out loud. So did Aunt Marie. Uncle Rick will get 'em back when they get older and start bringing their friends over, and he starts telling stories. Even though this is a funny one, they probably won't like it as much as we do. I luv u - Nenee
I am SO GLAD that you found our blog!!! I've so wanted to keep in touch with you! I'm glad that now I get to see what you guys are up to as well!!
Oh that is hilarious! Poor Ryan! I laughed so hard, same with Jeff!
Post a Comment