Sunday, July 8, 2007

Schlitterbahn!!


We went to Schlitterbahn yesterday! We had such a GREAT time. Craig (Rob's broker) called at the last minute and asked Rob to come and bring the family to Corpus Christi to look at some investment properties. So, Thursday night, around 9pm. I started calling around to get my shifts covered. We didn't get out of...

Austin until 8:30pm Fri. night. Craig's plans changed, but we already had our minds made up. PLUS- I had all this time off, we couldn't waste it. So, we settled for New Braunfels, (1/2 way to Corpus) and camped out. All of the waterfront sites were flooded, so we picked a spot that had high elevation. We set the tent up around 11:30 pm., the rain had stopped- but the ants were really bad. We slept through the night (stayed dry and ant free once inside the tent) and the next morning, went to see the river. It was really flooded! The kids wanted to go swimming in it. So, we packed up and took them to Schlitterbahn. Because of the rain earlier that morning, there was no crowd. We were able to get on the rides really quickly. The first big ride we went on (Master Blaster) was rated the #1 water park ride in the world by Amusement Today magazine too many times to count!! Click on the Schlitterbahn picture above to get to their web site and check out the ride! It has a virtual tour. The kids got to go with us on all the rides!
There was one ride that was like swimming down white water. It was called the BackSplash! We had gone down once already. It has a wide opening and you can go down when you choose. The first time we went down, T went with Robert and they held hands. Jade went behind me and at the end you hit a rapid and it shoots you into the lazy river (that isn't very lazy at all). The kids wanted to do it again, so off we went. This time, T wanted to go by himself. Rob went first and T followed him. When Rob popped up, T was no where to be found. Then Rob saw me and Jade, and still no T! We started looking for T under the water. I couldn't get good traction with my Crocs on and took them off, throwing them over the side with no regard to where they may land. Better able to weave across the river, it wasn't long before we found him. A lifeguard was carrying him to us. Rob was out of the water near me, I was in the middle. The lifeguard said T was swimming fine, but he was crying, so he pulled him out. He looking up and saw Rob walking the side, and knew T must belong to us. It all happened in about 10sec., but it felt like forever. Shew,! Glad that's over. Sadly, the Crocs didn't make it; but I'm glad they were the only things we lost that day!! On Hann's Hideout, the kids got to go down the slides with us and we really enjoyed that. The Master Blaster was T's favorite, while Jade preferred the lazy rivers!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! I can tell that you all had a great time! What a fun weekend you had and with so little preparation. Don't you just love those impromptu vacations? They usually make the best memories. And I'm glad T is safe and sound and back with the family again.

It was fun to visit with ya'll on skype again.

I love you all. Nenee

Anonymous said...

P. S. Your "COTTAGE" looks GREAT!
Did everyone sleep ok with all the ants and the rain?
luv ya' - Nenee

The Bradley's said...

Oh my gosh, that looked like fun! Your tent is ridiculous! After having slept in Kristina and Rick's and seeing ya'll's I'm convinced that I'll get one just as nice--why must we all be cramped and hunched over!? I miss the kids and our late night visits. Don't let them forget me!