Tuesday, April 24, 2007

No More Thumbs

Jade is trying very hard to stop sucking her thumb and we are trying everything to help her. JT is the best help of all. Everytime he catches her sucking her thumb, he says, "You're sucking your thumb Jade, we won't get to go to Chuck E Cheese's. No sucka you thumb." We have her a finger cot that she gets to put on her thumb to help her remember it has yucky stuff on it. We paint it with "THUMS". It has cayenne extract in it. She says it's Hot-ACTUALLY she says "it's on fire."
The kids had to be put back to bed at about 4am. this morning and she told me, "My thumb's all better Mom, now I can suck it!" It was late, so I let it go. Today she hasn't sucked her thumb not once -ALL DAY LONG!
We went to Chuck E Cheese to celebrate. I have a reward calendar for going to Chuck E Cheese's if you don't suck your thumb for 2 weeks, you get 10 free tokens, but I think it may be too long for a start. I thought a trip to Chuck E Cheese in the beginning may help remind her Chuck E Cheese's is a lot more fun than sucking her thumb!! I'm going to give her tokens each day she doesn't suck her thumb and when the chart is full she'll get to go again.

No comments: