Monday, December 18, 2006

Meeting Santa!


This year's Ward Christmas Party was really fun. Jade wouldn't participate in the Primary play, she was supposed to be a sheep. But she enjoyed watching as did JT. It was so packed, we had to sit in the back even though we arrived fairly early. Everyone was asked to bring a dessert, and apparently EVERYONE did!!! Desserts lined both sides of the Cultural Hall! Jade was so excited to see all those sweets. After the play, everyone got dessert and bells sounded announcing Santa's arrival. To my amazement, both kids wanted to go see Santa. I knew T would, but I knew Jade wouldn't.

JT had a great time talking to Sants. He put his hand up with his pointer and pinky fingers up and said, "Hook 'em Horns!" They talked for a while, and T said he wanted cars, and Hi-yah!s and told Santa "spiderman". After their chat with Santa, we went home and I made calendars with a picture of a kid sitting on Santa's lap, a picture for Christmas Eve and a picture for Christmas Day. We talked about each of the pictures before they crossed off a day. I also made rings to help them count down the days. This really helped. The other papers in the picture are from Jade and T's primary class. Jade taped them up there. She likes to be the mom too!

No comments: