Sunday, November 18, 2007

Off to the Gulf

We left Nov. 16 th for Alabama. The eleven hour trip took us 15. I-10 had been shut down in La Fayette. And I know I've said this the last time I drove to Alabama, but I'm not gonna drive that trip again. We'll definitely have to fly! Mom did! And Robert is flying down, too. The kids love the beach, Jade's favorite part is playing in the sand. T's favorite is the heated indoor pool, he enjoys doing flips off the side of the pool. I'm trying not to die of a heart attack, while I try to act calm when I tell him- "feet first please!". How do any of us survive childhood? We arrived after midnight and spent the night at Paw Paw and Gamies. The next morning we helped Paw Paw check the crab traps. Neither of the kids liked the crabs, but they were amazed by them just the same. Neither wanted to pet the fish. What sissy's! We had a huge blowfish in one of the traps and they really liked watching it puff up! After breakfast Gamie and Paw Paw took us to the condo. Jade and T rode with them. Ahh, quiet! Jade picked out the "Minnie Mouse" room for herself and the "Crab" room for T. She loved having her own room here. She made herself a desk and spent lots of time in her room.

No comments: