Right before the kids got home from school, Mom pointed out we were running out of cans for Apple Sauce. Rob was on the phone at the counter and Ally was still asleep. So, I told him I was gonna go get the cans, but what he heard was, "I'm gonna go get the kids." So he said okay, but as soon as he was done with his phone call he headed out the door. I got a call a little after 4 from Rob asking were I was. He said the kids were at home by themselves and the cops called him.
They had gone to a neighbors when they realized no one was home and tried to call me. But they didn't know they would have to put in an area code (if they even knew there was one).
They thought the neighbors phone didn't work so T asked the landscape guy in the front yard if he could use his phone. When the number dialed reached Caterpillar, the guy called the police. Sargent S.A. Day hung out here with the kids until they reached Robert. T told the officer his Dad worked at Cities 92.9 and the station called Robert. He was on the golf course and just happened to be on the hole closest to the house.
I got there pretty soon after that. Boy, that is SOOOO scary!
Once everything settled down we headed to Meatheads where the kids eat free if they've read 5 books. We met Misty and Juan Escobar and their kiddos for dinner. We ate outside and the weather was perfect.

2 comments:
That would FREAK me out!! Thank heavens they were okay. Ugh. Parenting.
That is so freaky! I'm glad they were okay and that the kids knew what to do!
Post a Comment