Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day!




Our family was sealed in the San Antonio Temple on Valentine's Day! We got our approval letter late Sunday night. The Stake President called and told Robert to go check the mail. Monday the temple was closed, so the first thing I did Tues. was start calling the temple. We wanted to get the availability dates so we could start calling the family, but every time I called the temple the line would go dead. I called Robert several times and I was receiving calls as well. After a few hours I was able to speak to someone at the temple about their availability. She put me on hold, to get the information and again the line went dead. I was able to get through a second time about 10 minutes later. I asked her what was the soonest availability and she said, "How about tomorrow at 11? You can imagine my surprise and excitement that we could be sealed by tomorrow afternoon! I was too afraid to ask her to let me call my husband and get back with her, because of all the challenges we were facing, so I made the appt. We went through all the information she needed (lots of dates), but before I could get her our membership numbers, she couldn't hear me though I could hear her. So I drove to a friend’s house to call from there. When I tried to use her phone, there was no dial tone at all. About 15min. later a call came in. I was so excited! When she got off the phone, the line went dead again. I was able to finally get through a little before 5pm. and she said the information had been deleted, so we needed to start over! But, we got the information set up and our Sealing scheduled for the next day, but now it would be at 12 instead of 11. When I got off the phone with her I immediately called Robert and told him the situation.

Next, I tried Mom & Kylene at the store and had to call three more times to get the call to go through! Because it was going to be the next day, we didn't think anyone other than Mom & Dad Rees would be able to make it. We met with the Bishop for our Live Ordinance Recommends and when our meeting with the Stake Pres. ended it was 11pm. that night. We got to bed around 1am. Then we got up early the next morning and headed to San Antonio, we got the kids temple clothes at the Distribution Center.
Jade loved her dress and twirled around to show her Pa Pa. Then we hurried in for our meeting with the Temple President.

Mom said Jade cried a little when we left them for our interview, but she told Jade that she was in the Lord's house and that she was going to be sealed forever to her family and to Jesus Christ. Jade cheered right up and said, "OK" . When they came in they were so cute in their white clothes and so reverent; they had their arms folded and heads bowed. T enjoyed the bouncy cushions at the alter, but was very good.

It was a wonderful day and we look forward to celebrating this anniversary every year. Valentine's Day will be very special for our family.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jade looks like she's flying in that 3rd picture! I love it! And she's in her "princess dress" I bought her! I love it!